Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow!





Is anything more beautiful than snow when you live in an area that sees snow only once every 5 years?  I was out just after sunrise and caught these photos of the bees, chickens, and citrus trees.  I hope you enjoy them.  This weekend I plan to plant my first sugar snap peas in the garden and hope to start some of my spring transplants inside under lights.  I'm taking bets on whether my plans lead to action or not!

Also included is a photo of the bok choy and collards I harvested the night before the bitter cold hit this week, along with the herbs I collected and dried in a very low oven.  You see a jar full of dried thyme (my new most favorite herb), a small amount of dried cilantro in the other jar (I couldn't let it go), and a bag full of dried parsley.  On the same day, I pulled out most of the remaining lettuce, but left the kale, tatsoi, and arugula, as I expect them to do fine through the winter.